Saturday, April 08, 2006

Interesting

Your Birthdate: July 11
Spiritual and thoughtful, you tend to take a step back from the world. You're very sensitive to what's going on around you, yet you remain calm.Although you are brilliant, it may take you a while to find your niche.Your creativity is supreme, but it sometimes makes it hard for you to get things done.
Your strength: Your inner peace
Your weakness: You get stuck in the clouds
Your power color: Emerald
Your power symbol: Leaf
Your power month: November

Yeah, I'm bored. It's Friday night, about 12:30. I just got back from watching She's the Man at the theater. I enjoyed it, good movie. There's no chance of going to sleep any time soon because the neighbors are apparently throwing a kegger. We have very loud (boy) neighbors who enjoy blowing things up. Literally. So I figured I'd update the blog. I was dreading going back to school this week, but it really wasn't that bad. I had a test today and outlines due (which are a huge pain) but it's over now so I can relax. Ooo and I made 20 bucks today judging drum major tryouts at Auburn High. It was fun. Poor kids, they were so nervous. I tried to smile...that always helped me during tryouts.

Oooo yeah, you know what I found out yesterday? Okay, get this. I was talking to Hope (former youth director-adorable kids-went to visit during sb-just read the post below) and she asked me if I knew Tony Nolan. The name didn't ring a bell. She said that he was their neighbor and she just found out that he toured with some big Christian band as their preacher for the shows. I asked the band and she didn't remember. So she gave me his website. I was expected it to be some small band that I'd maybe heard of. No sir. It's CASTING CROWNS!!! Yeah, needless to say I called her right back and screamed into the phone for a while. They're only like, the best (and my favorite) band ever! Maybe he can hook me up with tickets and stuff. I was just really excited about that and figured I'd share.

You know, I've been in a really good mood lately. I've just really been able to take a step back and see how God's been working in my life. It's been awesome. I'm so incredibly blessed, but sometimes I get so caught up in everything that I completely look past it. I'm really trying to be intentional about things. I often get distracted by going through the motions, and I'm tired of putting God on the back burner. He deserves sooo much more than I give Him. Thank goodness His grace and forgiveness is ever-flowing.

While we're on the subjects of music and God, I downloaded the new Passion cd yesterday! It's the bomb diggity. One of Matt Redman's new songs has been stuck in my head all day. The lyrics really just portray what I want to sing to God.
"Oh, no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh, no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh, no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me.

I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes...
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You..."

Isn't that awesome? He never let go and I know He never will. Man, it all just blows me away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home