Saturday, April 22, 2006

Hoot!

Get excited! The Central Alabama Chrysalis Community is hosting an OPEN hoot/youth rally on Sunday, April 30th from 3:00-6:00 central time. It will be located at Camp Whitewater in Prattville, Alabama. Since it's an open hoot, anyone is able to attend- not just people who have already experienced a Chrysalis flight or Emmaus Walk. The purpose of this event is not only to provide a reunion for those already involved in Chrysalis, but to also spread awareness of Chrysalis so that others may experience this wonderful journey. The hoot will consist of live music provided by The Crossing, two youth speakers, and a free dinner (hamburgers and hotdogs). We would be honored if you (and/or your youth group) could come worship with us. We've tried to arrange the time so that each group can work around their own church schedule. You're welcome to leave after dinner if you still need to have your regular church events. However, we will continue with worship until (or possibly after) 6. I've attached a flier for the event if you would like to print it out or distibute it. Feel free to contact me with any questions. PLEASE RSVP by Thursday, April 27th if you intend on coming or bringing a group so that we can get an approximate count for buying food. You can either e-mail (powerhc@auburn.edu) or call - (706)590-0182. Thanks a bunch and we hope to see you there!


Well, that's the basic letter that's been sent to approximately 38 youth groups. As of right now, I'm not exactly sure of how it's going to pan out. I've only received an RSVP from two youth groups. Plus I've still got tons to do. Good news though, I found a band to lead music! Originally we planned on getting the Encounter band, but they charge a tad bit more than we can pay. Okay, a lot more. So we will be having The Crossing, which consists of two guys and an acoustic guitar. I love that Shane and Shane feel. They're really willing and excited about it, and I'm excited about having them. Right now I'm trying to find a screen for putting up words to songs. We have a projector, but I think it only works for certain laptops. Sooo if anyone knows where we can get a screen or a laptop, please let me know. I'm really really hoping the rsvp's start rolling in this week. It wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't have to buy food. I'm trying to get everything done and organized on top of having finals. So it's kind of stressful, but I'm trying to remember the reason behind it. It's not about me, it's all about God. It's not about me, it's all about God. Yeah, I've been repeating that quite a bit lately. :o) Feel free to spread the word about the hoot. Also, if you know someone's coming, please encourage them...okay, tell them...to let me know.

Well, I'm about to go be lazy some more. I had to get up early this morning to have breakfast with Ian and Jason. Ian came down from North Carolina for his best friend's engagement party thingy. I had the stuffed french toast at I-Hop. Oh-my-goodness. That is some gooood stuff. Yeah, random. Just thought I'd share that incase anyone's planning on going to I-Hop. Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home