Thursday, May 25, 2006

I have such an entertaining job

Yes, I do. Lifeguarding can be very boring, but it also provides me with just enough humor to get me through a long, hot day. There are ups and downs to working at Surfide.
Ups:
1. Snow cones
2. Dippin Dots
3. Free admission on days off
4. Easy, fast tan
5. Adorable babies in the kiddy pool
Downs:
1. HOT, HOT, HOT
2. Pay is low
3. Boss is evil...really, she is.
4. Terrible tan lines on shoulders
5. Did I mention it was hot?

This was the first week we were open, and not every school has gotten out for summer. So needless to say, it's been a slow week. However, there have been very special people who have gotten me through it. I was at the shore position of the wave pool, just waiting for one more rotation so I could take a break. This guy (not child, but full grown man) comes up to me and asks how to get in the wave pool. Now, if you've ever been to Surfside, or any other waterpark, it's not hard to figure out that a wave pool is supposed to be simulation the ocean. There's a shore...then it gets deeper and deeper as you go farther. How could you not know how to walk into a wave pool!? It's beyond me. The next day, a boy professed his love for me. I'm guessing he was about twelve or thirteen. It was very nice, I was flattered. He and his friends kept me entertained while I worked the lazy river, which definitely isn't very eventful. Today was my first (and only day) off this week. So what did I do? I volunteered to guard for a 2nd grade class party at the pool in Asheton Park. Yeah, I need money that badly. It was hot...and boring. But I got me some cash so I'm happy.

So, that's my spill on work. Speaking of work, I've got the be there in the morning so I better hit the sack. I'm working second shift, which is the longest. Eight hours, wahoo. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Ya'll should come to the park sometime. I can get you food and merchandise for half price! I'll be there almost all summer so come on out. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home