Sunday, July 03, 2005

Run

We watched a really cool video at Chrysalis last weekend that documented the progression of the Passion tour, which is a gigantic, totally awesome worship service geared toward teens and college students. During one segment, two guys carried a huge wooden cross and stood it up right in front of the stage. Literally hundreds of people just took off running as fast as they could and actually dove to the ground in front of the cross. It was so overwhelming to see all those people, running just to touch the cross for only one second. I was really bored at work the other day and couldn't stop seeing that image in my head. Soooo, I occupied myself by writing a little song. I've only got the chorus, but I've got the chords so I have made a little progress. Verses can come later I suppose. Anyway, here it is.

"Run"

--G---D------C
I run to the cross
-------G---D------Em
And I fall on my face
G--------D-------------------C
Bowing down before the holy lamb
----Em--------D---------C
Of God who took my place.
-------G----D--------C
And I run to your arms
------------G------D-------Em
To just be still in your embrace
G-----D-------Em-------C
Mighty, omnipotent One
C-------- D--- Em
Lord, to you I run
C-------- D---- G
Lord, to you I run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home