Thursday, February 15, 2007

On a lighter note

Sorry that last post was rather depressing. Here's a little something to brighten your day.

I like hugs. They're pretty much my favorite thing ever. I saw the original Free Hugs Campaign video on youtube a few months ago. If you haven't seen it, go watch it- it's incredible. So, Ross decided to do his own free hug campaign at Auburn. Check it out. I helped film it...and you can see me jump in near the end for a group hug. :o)



We had a lot of fun. So, the Auburn Wesley Foundation is sending teams to Jamaica and Liberia for mission work this spring break and summer. As one of our fundraisers, we sold singing valentines. A person pays ten bucks and a small group of us go to the recipient's home, work, class, wherever to sing them a song and give them a rose and message. It was quite an experience. Tuesday I got to deliver one to a guy in class. That was kind of awkward...everyone just kind of looked at us. But yesterday was the real treat. We had to deliver two singing valentines to two different assisted living centers. We ended up putting on a concert at one of the places. I think I enjoyed it more than the old folks did. It was a blast. Here's a pic of me and Jerel at Camellia Place- don't you love the vest?



I think Jerel summed it up perfectly after we finished. "If my heart had a mouth, it would be smiling."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home