Friday, July 06, 2007

The Aftermath

The official Displace Me video is finished! (see previous post for Displace Me info)



Man, that was such an awesome experience.

I suppose I'll give a quick update as long as I'm enjoying internet access during my week off. Camp is halfway done. Weeks 1-3 were great overall. We definitely had a few stressful occurances, but we've pushed through and made it a positive experience. I'm ready to head back up there...I've had my break, slept late for a couple days...I'm starting to go through withdrawals.

It's pretty funny...the part I was dreading the most about being on staff is actually one of my very favorite aspects of the job. During the counselor meeting at night, the staff walks the halls. This means dealing with all the homesick campers. I was not looking forward to this in the least bit. But it's really been a blessing. There's something really great about walking into a room with a crying kid and saying goodnight a few minutes later to a smiling kid. I love it.

The Chrysalis flight last weekend was totally awesome. I went straight there from camp Friday night so I was pretty tired, but I was definitely blessed by being there. Patty and I led music...before I got there she was the table of Lujah....we then became Halle(y)lujah!



We had a blast. Speaking of Chrysalis, I'm about to head back up there to work the boys' flight/journey. I'll be heading back to camp bright and early in the morning. I'm looking forward to my birthday Wednesday- camp birthdays are awesome.

Oh yeah, camp pictures and some Chrysalis pictures have been posted over there
-------->

Alrighty, then. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home