Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hurricane Party!

While everyone else was out buying bottled water and generators, my NIVfest buddies and I chilled out. It was the most fun I've had in quite a while. First of all, Jennie and I decided that it would be an awesome time to play a good ole' prank-a-roo. Most people that know me (or who don't know me for that matter) have been snookered (or will be) by one of my devious pranks. Well, we finally let the guys (Ian and Michael) off the hook after a couple of hours. So, they proceeded to carry us outside, right into the horrendous eye of the hurricane...okay, so it was just raining...and throw us in huge puddles. Then came the ice water. It was very cold, but well worth it.




Michael, Jennie, Me, and Ian...soaking wet









Soooo after we dried off, we played skip-bo...then the power went out so we had to finish by candlelight. Fun game. Later on, Justin and Mike came over. We were still in a pranking mood, plus Ian and Michael wanted to get in on the fun. So we pulled a prank involving special effects wax and fake blood. It was set up perfectly. The other guys walked in just in time to see "the accident". I was proud of Justin. Despite the gaping wound in my hand, he remained very calm and ushered me to the door to go to the hospital. Then came the awesome part. Mike was like, "Has anybody prayed yet? I think we should pray." I had already started rubbing the wax off my hand. We got in the circle and Mike started praying. We were trying SO hard not to laugh, because it really was cool that he was praying and all...we just knew what was about to happen. He said something along the lines of "Lord, whatever method you see fit, just heal this hand." We almost lost it. He said amen and I moved the rag away...nothing there. I've never seen anyone's eyes as big as Justin's was. Mike figured it out and we all just cracked up. Justin had to sit down...he said he thought he had just witnessed a divine miracle! Don't get me wrong, I think God's fully capable of healing absolutely anything, it's just hard to heal something that's not hurt in the first place. After that, we jammed out and sang some really random songs by candlelight. It was the best hurricane party ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home