Friday, August 19, 2005

Back to school

Well, school started back yesterday. I think it's going to be pretty rough. Two of my classes require quite a bit of reading. I'm actually looking forward to my World Lit. class (big surprise). Most of the class is centered around religious texts. As a matter of fact, our first reading is from Genesis. We'll also be reading texts from the Qur'an and texts from Chinese, Egyptian, and other various religions. I really don't know that much about other religions, so I'm glad I get the opportunity to gain that knowledge. I think it's very important, and even necessary, for someone to know about other belief systems in order to fully develop and support their own belief system. I've always been very firm in what I believe and I've discussed my faith with other Christians and non-believers, but I've never had to discuss Christianity with someone who practices a totally different religion. Gaining knowledge doesn't mean I agree with that knowledge. I think it's really going to help me grow in my faith and also make me more objective when it comes to witnessing. We'll see how the class goes.
Encounter finally started back tonight too. I've been going through withdrawals. There were soooo many people there. Every seat in the AUMC main santuary was full. Then people had to sit in the choir loft and balcony. Plus there were tons of people lining the walls. It was so awesome. I'm ready for next week already. Well, it's been a VERY long week and I have to get up early. So goodnight and God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home